Strategic Plan 2021-24
Adopted November 2021
Programs and activities we want to see in place in the next three years as a result of our actions include:
Addresses issues facing the individual physician members, including workplace, job and wellness.
- Professional Development: provide education and training on emergency medicine professional development with a focus on Anti-Racism
- Workforce: Address Job security/Career Development/Retention through advocacy and PR campaigns
- Wellness: Establish community events that encourage member dialogue
- Advocate for fair compensation through EMF and PAC
- Spearhead a campaign to demonstrate the value of EM Physicians/specialty
Leadership development and Internal Processes
- Membership growth/development: track percentage of ABEM certified members and grow membership through engagement.
- Attract and maintain diverse leadership through WA-ACEP.
- Communication and Marketing: upgrade website to improve usability of WA-ACEP services. Increase rate and efficacy of communication using E-blasts, Doc Matter and syncing these platforms to website.
- Non-BC/BE EM Physician/APP outreach
Systems of Care
- Streamline Communication WMCC/WA Health info to membership
- Identify NWHRN and Eastside HRN EM physicians
- Increase engagement with members, health system allies, and legislative issues regarding: Public Health Systems, Behavioral Health including transfers/capacity boarding, Cardiac Stroke, Compensation, Staffing Ratios and Anti-Racism and Health Justice.
- Align with leaders in system capacity work
Legislation and Advocacy
Identify and maintain relationships with key alliances, raise and maintain PAC, communicate advocacy to members
- Coordinate Advocacy with Alliances: WSHA, WSMA, gov’t committees
- Increase and improve communication on legislative issues with members via improved website, cadence of e-blasts and engagement platforms like Doc Matter
- PAC – Increase funds and membership to $30,000